Posted on Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Client needs existing industrial facility to lease or purchase with the following requirements:
Existing building (no Greenfield due to time required to build a repair facility)
- Geographic preference – State of Oklahoma
- Buildings would need eve height clearance of 35’ to 40’or more to accommodate overhead cranes and top of railcar clearances.
- Column spacing needs to be roughly 40’ to 80’ wide to allow for clearances around cars to be worked.
- 250,000 to 300,000 sq.ft. is size to modify, but can be larger. Office space can be minimal (20,000 sq ft) and is not critical.
- Fire sprinkled buildings are acceptable and preferred. Sprinklers are generally not required for repair shop, but are required for coatings work centers.
- Environmentally “clean” site
- Size of land needs to be 75 or more acres to allow for the necessary track for car movement, staging and storage.
- Prefer rectangular shaped plot instead of square. Idea site would be approximately 1,200’ wide x 2,500’ long with rail access on or close to the 1,200’ side.
- Infrastructure- Must paved street access, sufficient city water supply, city sewer, electricity, natural gas, etc.
- Industrial zoned site land not near neighborhoods. Prefer heavy industrial, can get by with light industrial depending on site covenant.
- Needs to be serviced by at least one Class I railroad (BN, CN, CP, CSX, KCS, NS, UP) preferably the BN, CN, UP.
- Avoid short line railroads as they generally charge a switch charge for each movement in and out, provide limited service and continued viability is a risk factor.
Please send any possibilities for consideration. Thank you.